Parlez-vous français?

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Oh dear I know it seems like I have been slacking on keeping everyone up to date however if I may be aloud to have some excuses...

My computer decided to have a mini seizure, so a new one is one the way as we speak... Which is why there are no pictures involves in this little post! :-( Its sad I know.

But the last 2 weeks have been FULL of tutoring! YAY for French! Our Tutor Suzanne is an amazing lady that combines learning French with being able to read the French bible, pray in French and say all of those "Christianeze" things that you wouldn't really be able to learn in a regular French class. Just kind of a time line for you, we got to Suzanne's house at 1:30 and I have the first hour and a half and Nick goes off to McDonald's to do Homework. Then at 3:00 Nick comes back and its his turn. Then off I go to look over my lesson. Then we go home make dinner and do some of our homework, and what we don't finish we do in the morning before our class the next day. I really enjoy the set up because it gives a good break to my homework.

I would have to say that for myself the first week of class was a lot of information! I'm pretty sure I went home crossed eyed.  However as we have continued the week after that, I would have to say that this next year is really going to be a enjoyable experience. Every day I get to see how many more things that I understand and church is quite a text to what I have learnt that week. Nick has been doing awesome, its conversation skill have been improving daily.

So that is what we have been up to for the last 2 weeks!

We would love to see all of you! So if you are coming through Quebec City or would like to come this way let us know! We have a air mattress :-)

0 comments

Support our Ministry with MAF

Managers / Pilots / Mechanics / Administrators are needed on the field. As a pilot and advisor, Nick plays a very important role of flying and advising on operations in the WDRC program. DRC is one of the most difficult places to do 'business' there are as many or more difficulties going into the office then flying over the jungles of Congo. However difficult his job is a necessary one; there are numerous isolated places and people in Congo that need MAF to be here.

The only way that we can continue to do the work that Gad has laid before us in Congo is by your generous donations.

We are aware that some partner with us for only a season which leaves an opportunity for others to come along side our ministry; because of that we are always looking those who will partner with us in our ministry with MAF to be able to keep our fundraising goal at 100%. Would you prayerfully ask God if He is prompting you to be a part of our ministry?

Ways to Give:
Online: https://mafc.org/missionarypages/frey/

Mail:
Mission Aviation Fellowship of Canada
102-195 Hanlon Creek Blvd
Guelph, ON N1C 0A1

Phone:
Toll-Free: 1.877.351.9344